"Springfield Primary School is a happy, caring, friendly school where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential and where we all learn to respect each other and our environment"
We aim to develop a safe, secure and caring community where each child's happiness is of great importance, there are high expectations of good behaviour and where each child can develop positive and co-operative relationships.
We aim to ensure that every learner fulfils their potential.
Through a process of regular review and evaluation, we aim to have high academic standards achieved through a stimulating curriculum and teaching that is targeted to children's needs.
We aim to promote and celebrate success, thereby raising the confidence, enthusiasm, motivation and self-esteem of all, encouraging an appreciation of achievement in themselves and others.
We aim to develop the whole child through:
* the provision of a broad and balanced curriculum
* sporting opportunities, including sport for all and competitive sport
* art, drama and music opportunities both within school and through visits, visitors and extra curricular provision
* assemblies and lessons which encourage children to think through important social, moral, spiritual and cultural issues
* the provision of a stimulating environment, respected by the whole school community
Our aims are achieved through positive involvement of children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community.